- Contact Us
City of Ames....Someplace Special!
In the City of Ames, we are defined less by boundaries on a map than by the sense of shared values our residents hold dear. Small town values, guided growth, preservation of historical, cultural, and natural heritage are just a few of the core principles that makes City of Ames a wonderful place to call home.
CITY OF AMES GENERAL ELECTION
Listed below are how the candidates’ name will appear on the ballot:
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 1
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 2
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 3
Eddie G White
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 5
Below are the next steps in the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) recovery process for the February Winter Storm (DR-4586):
 Applicant Briefing
Attend a DR-4586 Applicant Briefing.
- Applicant Briefings occur at 9 AM each weekday until further notice.
- Click here or visit the following link to register for a briefing: https://tdem-texas-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsde2grTwqGdfr11XjGYx1zAW_1V5wzmde.
- Please note, you only need to attend one of the Applicant Briefings.
 Request for Public Assistance (RPA)
Submit a RPA for your organization. The deadline to submit a RPA is currently March 21, 2021.
- Step 1: Log in to FEMA Grants Portal (https://grantee.fema.gov/).
- Step 2: select “Click here to submit an RPA for your organization” on the Dashboard.
- Step 3: Select DR-4586 and complete each section by following the prompts.
 pSTAT – Damage Assessments
Currently DR-4586 is only a category B – Emergency Protective Measures declaration but in an effort to have a full disaster declaration please have each Sub Recipient complete a damage assessment for each location that sustained damage as a result of the storm using TDEM’s damage assessment tool pSTAT (Public Assistance State of Texas Assessment Tool). This damage assessment information is a critical action needed to provide to FEMA to declare other categories of work and should be completed within the next 2 weeks.
- pSTAT Training - There is a recurring training meeting every weekday at 2:30 PM until further notice. Join the Zoom meeting at https://tdem-texas-gov.zoom.us/j/88023916871.
- pSTAT – To access the tool itself, click here: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/9960a862346147ae918ba7a62dbfd50a. Or, use the following QR code:
Additionally, I encourage you to visit TDEM – Texas Emergency Management and click on the “February Winter Weather” icon. There are many useful resources in our website.
Click here to access the Declaration of Disaster for Liberty County.