Welcome to City of Ames -
City of Ames....Someplace Special!
In the City of Ames, we are defined less by boundaries on a map than by the sense of shared values our residents hold dear. Small town values, guided growth, preservation of historical, cultural, and natural heritage are just a few of the core principles that makes City of Ames a wonderful place to call home.
The city hall will be closed today due to weather conditions. We will reopen tomorrow, May 20, 2021 granted the weather conditions do not worsen.
Trash pick up will most likely be pushed back to Thursday or Friday of this week, I will post updates accordingly.
If you have any questions, you can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Final count for elections:
Emmett Albro- 37
Cornelius Gilmore- 81
Position 2: 82
Position 3: 92
Position 4: No position 4
Position 5: 95
To access the application for second secretary for the City of Ames click here
After completeing both pages, drop off at the City hall.
CITY OF AMES GENERAL ELECTION
Listed below are how the candidates’ name will appear on the ballot:
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 1
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 2
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 3
Eddie G White
CITY COUNCIL POSITION # 5
Below are the next steps in the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) recovery process for the February Winter Storm (DR-4586):
 Applicant Briefing
Attend a DR-4586 Applicant Briefing.
- Applicant Briefings occur at 9 AM each weekday until further notice.
- Click here or visit the following link to register for a briefing: https://tdem-texas-gov.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIsde2grTwqGdfr11XjGYx1zAW_1V5wzmde.
- Please note, you only need to attend one of the Applicant Briefings.
 Request for Public Assistance (RPA)
Submit a RPA for your organization. The deadline to submit a RPA is currently March 21, 2021.
- Step 1: Log in to FEMA Grants Portal (https://grantee.fema.gov/).
- Step 2: select “Click here to submit an RPA for your organization” on the Dashboard.
- Step 3: Select DR-4586 and complete each section by following the prompts.
 pSTAT – Damage Assessments
Currently DR-4586 is only a category B – Emergency Protective Measures declaration but in an effort to have a full disaster declaration please have each Sub Recipient complete a damage assessment for each location that sustained damage as a result of the storm using TDEM’s damage assessment tool pSTAT (Public Assistance State of Texas Assessment Tool). This damage assessment information is a critical action needed to provide to FEMA to declare other categories of work and should be completed within the next 2 weeks.
- pSTAT Training - There is a recurring training meeting every weekday at 2:30 PM until further notice. Join the Zoom meeting at https://tdem-texas-gov.zoom.us/j/88023916871.
- pSTAT – To access the tool itself, click here: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/9960a862346147ae918ba7a62dbfd50a. Or, use the following QR code:
Additionally, I encourage you to visit TDEM – Texas Emergency Management and click on the “February Winter Weather” icon. There are many useful resources in our website.
Click here to access the Declaration of Disaster for Liberty County.
Support Local Animal Shelter
Looking for a furry friend to become a part of your family? Consider adopting a dog or cat from your local animal shelter. An adopted pet will provide unconditional love and companionship to all.